Removals & Self Storage Service
Quick Removals & Cheap Self Storage
Fort Self Storage
Friday 10th of July 2020
There are a hundreds of things to remember when moving house, having a checklist when moving will help to get it right and your home move will go smooth; We have created a simple checklist of things that need to be addressed when moving, to make sure your home removal goes without a hitch.
Key Moving Points
- Confirm your moving Date
- Prepare an inventory of the furniture, boxes, bags etc. that are
being transported. To make this easy for you.
- Start getting rid of
possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be taken to a charity
shop, sell at car boot sale, or offered to your friends.
- Advise your
house and home contents insurance company that you are moving as they will
normally provide free cover for "goods in transit".
- Ensure that you transport items of high value (eg. jewellery) or sentimental value (eg. photographs, documents) yourself as your
- insurance company is unlikely to be responsible for them.
- bring the packaging materials with them.
- You must
advise the removals company if there is restricted access to your floor by
staircase or lift at either address.
- Also please advise the removals company if you have any items to
be moved that cannot be easily lifted by two men, otherwise they may have to be
- Please do
not underestimate the number of men required to move all of your goods, as doing
so may prevent the move from taking place on the specified date.
- Put all the items that are not being moved in one specific area and inform all of the movers individually of this area and that they are not being transported. Buy some materials needed for packing for your glassware, dishes for added safety.